- About CREW
- Open Calls
Open Call 3 detailed information
You are looking at the archived information of the third open call. For the info on the latest status of CREW open calls, go here.
CREW is organizing a 3rd Open Call through a different, lighter mechanism. This allows us to accept more small experiments, for which you will not receive EC funding, but for which you can count on free access to the facilities and elaborated support by the CREW consortium.
The official announcement of this call took place at the Future Networks & Mobile Summit on 4 July in Lisbon, Portugal. These slides were presented during this event.
More details below and in call document:
Practical call information
Deadline: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 17:00 CET (Brussels time)
Address for proposal submission: info [at] crew-project.eu
Call identifier: CREW2013-OC3
Language of the proposal: English
What is on offer?
- EC funding for experimenter: 0 k€, BUT free access tp the CREW facilities, and free and guaranteed support by CREW partners (covering training, technical assistance, extensions to experimentation tools…)
- Simplified proposal (only a few pages!) & blind peer review process by external experts
- Cooperation through Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) (no complex administration, no Grant Agreement, no Consortium Agreement, no official deliverables)
What experiments do we envisage?
- Target number of experiments to be supported: 4-8
- Number of partners per experiment: 1 or 2
- Earliest start date of experiment: 1 January 2014
- Latest end date of experiment: 30 September 2014
- Maximum duration of experiment: 6 months
Topics include (but are not limited to)
- Advanced spectrum sensing algorithms
- Coexistence of wireless networks in unlicensed bands: realization of the cognition loop
- Coexistence of wireless networks in licensed bands
Proposals are accepted based on technical novelty, on the extent they make use of the CREW facilities and on availability of resources (in terms of infrastructure and manpower needed for support).
Requirements & restrictions
- Each proposal must make use of the CREW facilities: implementation and validation of the experiment must happen on the CREW facilities
- The proposed experiment must lead to a public demonstration (e.g. at a FIRE event) and/or a scientific publication
- CREW hardware cannot be moved outside the CREW testbeds.