- About CREW
- Open Calls
The CREW federation is built starting from existing testbeds at five different physical locations:
- A heterogeneous ISM test environment at iMinds incorporating IEEE 802.11, IEEE 802.15.1, IEEE 802.15.4, USRP software radios;
- A licensed cognitive radio testbed (including TV bands) at TCD that is based on the IRIS reconfigurable radio platform and the USRP;
- A wireless sensor network test environment at TUB incorporating Tmote Sky and eyesIFXv2 sensor nodes, Wi-Spy spectrum analyzers, USRP software radios and BEE2 FFGA platforms
- An LTE cellular test environment at TUD incorporating a complete LTE-equivalent base station infrastructure and SDR mobile user terminals.
- An outdoor heterogeneous ISM/TVWS at JSI.
In addition, advanced sensing platforms developed by imec and TCS will be integrated at several locations in the CREW federated platform, enabling high-sensitivity detection and identification of interferences.
CREW will physically and virtually federate components by linking together software and hardware entities from different partners using a standardized API, realizing advanced cognitive sensing functionality. In addition, the CREW federation will establish a benchmarking framework, enabling experiments under controlled and reproducible test conditions and providing methodologies for automated performance analysis, allowing a fair comparison between different cognitive concepts or between subsequent developments. Data sets created under benchmarked conditions according to a common data structure enable the emulation of CREW components in other experimental or simulation environments.